Heavenly Father, as I look back on this day and this week I thank you
- for happy things which came to me unexpectedly or undeserved;
- for things which turned out better than I expected;
- for difficult things which became quite manageable when I faced up to them;
- for the gift of life
- for your unconditional love
- for your mercies, forgiveness
- and for all your uncountable blessings
Lord I ask you to forgive me for-
- the promises I made and did not keep
- the resolutions I took and did not carry out
- the good intentions that I had but never fulfilled
- the tasks that I started and never finished
Make me honest enough to see myself as I am, and humble enough to seek from you the help I need. So grant, loving Father, that what I cannot do by myself, I can do with your grace and strength.
Grant this night rest for my body and peace for my mind that I may rise tomorrow conscious of your calling and determined to serve you better.