Customers are the reasons why all staff exist in the company. The company exists to add value to customers by providing high-quality goods and services that meet their needs. Customers are looking for high-quality goods and services offered at a fair price, under unique good customer care arrangements, and from a supplier who values them. The employees of the company are, therefore responsible, for ensuring customers get the above unique experience that makes them feel special whenever they interact with the brand. The staff has to be guided to ensure a consistent experience is delivered to the customers through a customer care plan.
Customer care plan
Whatever business you are in customer care is vital for its success hence a need for a planned approach to customer care. The customer care plan provides guidelines that will guide the employees when they interact with the customers. The plan will ensure a consistent unique customer care experience is delivered by all staff during the customers’ interaction with the brand.
Customer care guidelines or rules.
These are customer care guidelines or rules that guide the staff to ensure a unique customer care experience is consistently delivered by all staff. The key guidelines or rules include the following among others;
- Customers are the reasons for our existence and should be promptly accorded high-quality customer care service that gives them a unique experience with the brand;
- Customer care is every staff responsibility irrespective of the department they belong to;
- Keep a positive attitude towards the customers both internal and external;
- Say hello to the customers when you interact with them;
- Take time to listen to the customers so that you can clearly understand their needs and avoid being defensive;
- The customers are always right and give them high priority when interacting with them;
- Promise only what you can deliver under normal circumstances and walk the extra mile when you are delivering;
- Be creative and innovative when interacting with customers;
- You should give the customers that high level of respect;
- Whenever you have made a mistake in meeting customers’ needs promptly apologize and suggest to the customer the way forward;
- Despite the circumstances, be nice, warm, friendly, and engaging whenever you are interacting with customers. The customers must enjoy their stay with the company;
- Always get feedback from customers to help us improve our customer care practices;
- Always thank the customers for interacting with us;
- Be extremely honest when interacting with customers and should always do the right thing;
Customer care skills
To effectively interact with customers, staff should possess the following key skills;
- Clear knowledge of our products and services;
- Goal-oriented focus;
- Ability to learn from experience with customers;
- Positive mindset toward customers;
- Creativity and innovativeness;
- Clear and persuasive communication both written and oral;
- Listening ability;
- Capacity always to do the right thing;
- Adaptable to ever-changing circumstances;
- Accountability for actions taken;
The staff should proactively and competently deliver personalized customer care at the convenience of the customers. Staff should always remember that customers are the reasons we exist and when interacting with them, we enhance our opportunity to earn more revenue.